Pilates for You!
Pilates is not a quick fix. It takes years to develop habitual movement patterns and postural imbalances which become detrimental to your overall health, strength and flexibility. And unlike conventional workouts using high repetitions and strengthening the same muscle groups, Pilates corrects muscle imbalances and re-patterns the way in which the body moves. Using proper breathing and precise, smooth-flowing movements, Pilates gradually and safely guides your body to long-lasting whole-body health – even into your elder years.
No matter when you start Pilates you’ll experience increased energy and reduced stress. You’ll gain self-confidence and experience grace in your movements. Best of all, you’ll feel inspired and empowered with a heightened sense of well-being. Regardless your age or level of ability, it’s important to make a realistic plan and get started.
- The Sedentary Lifestyle: Return to Vibrant HealthThe aches and pains of inactive lifestyles and sedentary workloads are challenging; and even more challenging when you’re carrying extra weight. But it’s never too late to address these issues to ensure greater health in the future. Pilates offers the safest, most enjoyable and non-threatening avenue to less pain and more strength. You’ll find that it offers unparalleled results without the ‘gym’ atmosphere. Those who decide to make a change in their lives are thrilled by the results.
- Recreationalists & Elite Athletes: Maintain an Active LifestylePilates offers natural cross-training benefits for the active lifestyle. Its ability to support advanced level fitness skills addresses the needs of many professional sports teams and elite athletes, and has become a critical part of their training regime. Whether you’re a weekend recreationalist or an elite athlete, Pilates increases strength and flexibility simultaneously and improves posture, stability and alignment. It also sharpens your focus with concentration on smooth flowing movement and proper breathing. You become acutely aware of how your body feels, where it is in space, and how best to control its movements. It makes the body more agile and less prone to injury and ensures quality performance and mental stamina to face your biggest challenge.
- Injury Prevention & Effective Rehabilitation: Sustain your VitalityPilates is increasingly integrated as part of a continuum of care in conjunction with physical therapy and rehabilitation. Its holistic approach to the body helps identify overall movement patterns and structural restrictions which assist PT’s in determining effective treatment plans. Using equipment designed to take the body through a wide range of motions without the impact of gravity, Pilates also plays a critical role during and after treatment, providing a safe return to strength, mobility and overall healthy movement.
- The Maturing Individual: Nurture your Aging BodyFor the older population keeping fit is essential. But so many forms of exercise can be hard on the bodies of older adults. With its focus on controlled breathing and quality of movement – not quantity of repetitions – many experts agree that Pilates is one of the safest and most effective ways for older adults to stay healthy. It increases strength and flexibility which positively affect balance and coordination. This, along with basic fitness benefits, helps to reduce the risk of falls and improve overall functional movement.
- Long-Term Challenges: Musculoskeletal & Neuromuscular Diseases Those with musculoskeletal and neuromuscular diseases develop limitations in the way they move their bodies. This includes balance difficulties, weakness and gait abnormalities as well as a loss of proprioception (knowing where one’s body is in space). They can also develop poor posture and shallow breathing to adapt to their changing condition. Pilates works to change the brain’s way of controlling the body, teaching it new and healthier movement patterns. It also opens the body with stretching and muscle release movements. And the best thing about Pilates is its ability to adapt to nearly any needs these individuals present. Let us help you feel empowered!
Top of page …