Join others who have discovered the deep and long lasting benefits of the Classical Pilates Method. Regardless your daily activities, recreational pursuits or fitness goals, Pilates will offer you the greatest mental and physical benefits from your efforts.
- Faith Shields, 80, Former Durango Resident and Dressage Rider“I was a client of Kimberly’s for 8 years. I was in my early 70’s and a life-long equine Dressage rider. Pilates was a perfect training tool as it required the precise ability to move my muscles in tandem with my horse. Over the years, I’ve become stronger and my core strength improved my riding and my life in general. I’m in my 80’s now and I’ve given up riding, but I know I can live my later years with confidence and yes, grace, in my movements.”
- Lorie Wilhelmson, Executive Director, Nexium International“I’ve trained with Kimberly for more than seven years, first in her studio, and now in my home. Pilates has been instrumental in making me more aware of my every movement, from how I sit while driving or when riding my bike, to walking down stairs or putting a suitcase in an airplane’s overhead bin. And it’s also helped correct my poor posture that was causing low back pain. The changes are subtle but so important. It’s what keeps me strong and stable without stiffness or pain. I’m confident of having a healthy body as I age and I’d recommend it to anyone who’d like the same.”
- Cheryle Brandsma, Client challenged with Parkinson's Disease“Kimberly invited me to try Pilates some time ago. She thought it would be good for me as I have Parkinson’s disease. Our sessions focus on my body’s misalignments and muscle weaknesses which have created really poor posture and difficulties with walking. Pilates is also helping me with my balance and coordination which is extremely helpful.
Kimberly has a keen sense of when to challenge me and when not to. But what I really appreciate is that she adjusts our workouts based on my energy level, my mood, and how well my medications are working. At the end of each session she leads me through a stretch exercise that is divine! Pilates has become a steady and enjoyable routine and working with Kimberly is a joy!”
- Blair Wiles, MA, LPC ~ Psychotherapist in Durango“I’ve been flirting with Pilates for years. I assessed it to be the most sophisticated and elegant approach to fitness and therapeutics I’d ever known. I took classes and then bought a Pilates Reformer 30 years ago, but the workout routines always caused me pain. Then, I decided to give Pilates another chance and went searching for someone who could empathize with my situation and who could think outside the box to give me some relief.
Kimberly is a seasoned, skilled, detail-oriented Pilates instructor. She has a mastery of her craft that’s unparalleled. When I began working with her, I was still in a great deal of pain – fussy and protective. But Kimberly didn’t give up on me. She was patient, thoughtful, and non-shaming, carefully untangling my therapeutic issues. Suffice it to say, I feel such great joy in finally feeling real core strength and confidence in my now 65-year-old body that was battered and beaten down before Pilates.”
- John Myerson, Ph.D., Lic. Ac., Psychotherapist, Seasonal Visitor“I’ve been working in a variety of healing practices for over 40 years and working with Kimberly was far more than I’d ever hoped for. Her approach was both physical AND spiritual. In my travels over the years I have found this to be a very unique and extraordinary gift. Her communication skills are exemplary without compromising the love and passion she brings to her healing work. She’s a treasure!”
- Anne Stetler, Active Mother of 3, Pediatric Physical Therapist“For more than seven years, Kimberly has given me a pain-free body. I’m not referring to major, accident-induced pain (though she addresses that just as effectively). I’m talking about the aches and pains of an active middle-aged life! Kimberly provides personalized attention with amazing results and I’m stronger than ever.”
- Tom Milazzo, Retired Durango Resident “As an active 60-year-old man, I decided to start Pilates to maintain a level of strength I feel I need as I age. I also wanted to improve postural issues I’d had most of my life. Just after I started, I had rotator-cuff surgery, a 6-week recovery time. Kimberly was able to modify movements that still allowed me to do full-body workouts and eased me back into full use of my shoulder. Kimberly worked hand-in-hand with my physical therapist and I was thrilled with how quickly I regained full range of movement.
The changes in my postural issues have also been huge, but I think what’s changed the most is how noticeably stronger my core is. It’s like this great foundation of support that’s with me no matter what I’m doing – swimming, hiking, weight lifting, and just doing my everyday activities. It’s definitely changed my life. “
Top of page …